Tioman Island is located around 32km off the East Coast of Peninsular Malaysia, on the border between the Johor and Pahang states of Malaysia. You can reach Tioman easily; By Bus/Car/Taxi and then a ferry from Mersing (Johor state) or Tanjung Gemok (Pahang state) ferry terminals.
Where is the best way to get to Tioman Island?
- Mersing is a common and most used port to get to Tioman Island. There you can find many local companies who run boat services & provide ferry ride to Tioman Island. There is another less used one ferry terminal called Tanjung Gemok which is used to get to Tioman Island as well.
- 1 How can I go to Pulau Tioman by car?
- 2 How do I get from KL to Tioman?
- 3 Can you drive to Pulau Tioman?
- 4 Can you fly to Tioman Island?
- 5 Is Tioman Island Open now?
- 6 How can I go to Tioman by flight?
- 7 Is Tioman worth visiting?
- 8 What is the best time to visit Tioman?
- 9 Is Tioman island safe?
- 10 Where is Tioman Island located?
- 11 What film was made on Tioman Island?
- 12 How do you get from Tioman to Johor Bahru?
- 13 How long is ferry from Mersing to Tioman?
- 14 How long drive from KL to Tioman?
How can I go to Pulau Tioman by car?
2.2 Self-Drive From Johor Bahru To Tioman Island
- Step 1: Self Drive From Johor Bahru To Mersing. Route 1.
- Step 2: Ferry From Mersing Jetty To Tioman Island. Leave your car at the guarded carpark beside Mersing jetty for RM15/day.
How do I get from KL to Tioman?
There are 2 ways to get from Kuala Lumpur to Tioman Island by bus or ferry
- Take the bus from KL Sentral Station to Tanjung Gemok Jetty.
- Take the ferry from Tanjung Gemok Jetty to Kampung Tekek Jetty.
Can you drive to Pulau Tioman?
Tioman Island The major gateway to the island is Mersing, a coastal town at the west of Johor state. The common route for most visitors is to drive or take a bus ride up to Mersing, then wait for the next available ferry out to sea. Tanjung Gemok is an alternative ferry terminal about 35km north of Mersing at Pahang.
Can you fly to Tioman Island?
The only airline that flies to Tioman Island Airport is Berjaya Air. Departing from Kuala Lumpur, the Dash-7 turboprop aircrafts that fly this route have 48 seats. Please note that because it is a small aircraft, passengers are allowed to bring luggage weighing a maximum of 10 kilograms.
Is Tioman Island Open now?
We are open from early February until mid November each year, as from mid-November through to early February, Tioman sees its monsoon season. The absolute best time for diving during the year is March – June, where we see visibility of up to 30m, however the weather and conditions are good for diving all year round.
How can I go to Tioman by flight?
Flying: Don’t count on flying to Tioman Island. Although Pulau Tioman has its own tiny airport (airport code: TOD), the service was suspended in 2014. Berjaya Air once operated daily flights from Kuala Lumpur. Instead, get to Mersing and grab one of the Bluewater Express ferries over to the island.
Is Tioman worth visiting?
Tioman is a lovely island for snorkeling and beach activities. People love Tioman for its beautiful beaches and impressive jungle; the purest water, wild nature; full relaxation and privacy. It’s a beautiful quiet place to get away from the crowds.
What is the best time to visit Tioman?
The best time to visit Tioman is between March and October. The northeast monsoon transforms this tropical gem into a desolated place between the end of October and the beginning of March; many resorts are closed during this period.
Is Tioman island safe?
The airports and service are excellent. Enjoy yourself. Tioman island is safe for women, it’s further north than the islands around Borneo, where a group of tourists got kidnapped off last year.
Where is Tioman Island located?
Tioman Island, Malay Pulau Tioman, Tioman also spelled Tiuman, island in the South China Sea, about 40 miles (65 km) off Kuala Rompin, Peninsular (West) Malaysia. It has an area of 53 square miles (137 square km) and is 13 miles (21 km) long and 2 to 8 miles (3 to 13 km) wide.
What film was made on Tioman Island?
The island of Tioman starred as Bali Hai in the 1958 blockbuster South Pacific. And way back in the Seventies it was named by Time magazine as one of the world’s most beautiful islands. Since then?
How do you get from Tioman to Johor Bahru?
1. Bus From Johor Bahru (JB) To Tioman Island
- Step 1: Bus From Johor Bahru To Mersing/Tanjung Gemok Jetty. Here are the 5 bus operators that offer a service between Johor Bahru and Mersing/Tanjung Gemok Jetty.
- Step 2: Ferry From Mersing/Tanjung Gemok Jetty To Tioman Island.
How long is ferry from Mersing to Tioman?
The ferry ride from Mersing-Tioman-Mersing is 1.5 hour to 2 hour either one direction based on several stops/pickups along the island that is Genting, Paya, Tekek, ABC, Panuba & Salang Jetties.
How long drive from KL to Tioman?
The Kuala Lumpur to Tioman Island distance is 305 kilometres to Tanjung Gemok and a 4.75 hour drive. The distance from KL to Tioman Island via Mersing is a drive of 356 kilometres and about 4.75 hours as well. In both cases, you still need to take a ferry across to Tioman Island.